CCD Monthly Meeting Notes 12.19
- CALL TO ORDER- 6:00
- INTRODUCTIONS- No new guests
- SPECIAL GUEST PROGRAM- Chris Garretty, NHDP Coordinated Campaign Data Director—Recap of midterm results I Cheshire County and NH. We can be incredibly proud of what we accomplished. Presentation available. Questions- Senate district 8, how did we lose this? There were gains in this district, but we could not get it over the edge. The overall map in this district is red and we could not flip it. We do not actually know yet. Is there any possibility or an impartial redistricting? We need to win in 2020 in order for us to take charge of this redistricting. They had two texting programs. One for volunteers and one to GOTV. There was also some persuasion with Independents.
Largest earliest investment in election. We had more local control. We were the only state in the country to flip both chambers.
- REPORTS FROM THOSE SERVING IN ELECTIVE OFFICE-Because there is not much happening there was nothing of note to report. Recognition of those who were elected who are in attendance
- REPORTS FROM TOWN CHAIRS
Dublin will have a Christmas party in the 12th
Westmoreland is having a Christmas party next week and is celebrating the fact that every Democrat that ran from their town ran.
- REPORT FROM AREA PROGRESSIVE GROUPS-
Two-year birthday party for MPA. On the 8ththey will have a party at their regular meeting. Music and special guests and it will be held in the Community Room.
- REPORT FROM NHDP-
- SECRETARYREPORT – Ann Heffernon, posted.
- TREASURER REPORT – Frank Dobisky, explanation of what was spent on the campaign.
- COMMITTEE REPORTS
- Fund Raising –JoAnne Fenton Murder Mystery Event in February. Cory Booker meet and greet at JoAnn’s home on Sunday at 10:00. RSVP, please
- Reports from Cheshire County Democratic Committee Sub-committees
Membership/Outreach-Heather Stockwell She will be working on committees for the towns that do not have one yet.
Governance/Nominating-Bob Englund Nothing to add
Communications-Ann Heffernon We will be using the paper on online decorum from the state moving forward.
Explanation of how we will ask for updates from town committees and other organizations ahead of time to be printed so that we may focus on our speakers and elected officials.
- OLD BUSINESS
- NEW BUSINESS-There will be a state committee meeting this weekend.
- Community Kitchen Volunteers – December 5
- Next meeting – Jan 9 we will meet again on Tuesday February 5.
Meeting adjourned at 7:15